Raspberry Citrus Bars
- 1 Cup butter softened
- 3/4 Cup powdered sugar sifted
- 2 Cups all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 Cups granulated sugar
- 1/3 Cup lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons orange peel finely shredded
- 1/4 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 Cups fresh raspberries and/or blueberries
- Powdered sugar
- A takeoff on all-time favorite lemon bars, these cookies make a tempting snack or dessert for large get-togethers. For the crust, beat butter with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds to soften.
- Add the 3/4 cup powdered sugar. Beat till combined.
- Add the 2 cups flour; beat till combined. Press mixture onto the bottom of a greased 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Bake in a 350 F. oven for 20 minutes or till golden.
- Meanwhile, for filling, in a large mixing bowl combine eggs, granulated sugar, lemon juice, orange peel, the 1/4 cup flour, and baking powder. Beat for 2 minutes with an electric mixer till combined.
- Sprinkle berries over crust. Pour filling over berries, arranging berries evenly with a spoon.
- Bake in a 350 F. oven for 30 to 35 minutes or till light brown and filling is set. Cool thoroughly in the pan on a wire rack.
- Cut into triangles and/or bars. Just before serving, sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- To store, cover and chill for up to 2 days. Makes about 30 bars. Make-Ahead Tip: Up to 3 months ahead, make, bake, and cut into bars. Place cut bars into a storage container or freezer bag and freezes. Thaw, covered, in the refrigerator for 24 hours or till no longer frozen.
Exported from MasterCook II