Almond Butterscotch Bars
- 1 Cup softened butter
- 3/4 Cup light brown sugar firmly packed
- 1 Tsp vanilla
- 1/2 Tsp almond extract
- 1/2 Tsp salt
- 2 Cups flour
- 1 Cup buttersctoch morsels
- 1 Cup blanched slivered almonds
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Beat in vanilla and almond extracts and salt.
- Gradually beat in flour until well-blended.
- Press mixture evenly into ungreased 10 1/2 x 15 1/2 x 1 inch jelly roll pan.
- Sprinkle butterscotch morsels and almonds over cookie mixture; press lightly.
- Bake at 350 until golden brown, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack. Cut into 2-inch squares. Makes 35 bars. These are more like cookies than brownies.