Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup All purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Quick oats
- 1/4 cup Brown sugar firmly packed
- 2 tablespoons walnuts Chopped
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 cup Solid pack pumpkin
- 1/4 cup Plus 2 tbsp. skim milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Vanilla extract
- 1 small Egg slightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 pound Light cream cheese softened
- 2 tablespoons Orange marmalade
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine first 4 ingredients and half the cinnamon in a food processor or mixing bowl.
- Add melted butter and process until mixture becomes crumbly.
- Press mixture evenly in bottom of a 9 inch baking dish. Bake 20 minutes or until crust starts to brown. Remove from oven.
- Reduce temperature to 325 F.
- Combine pumpkin, milk, half the vanilla, egg, sugar, allspice, salt and remaining cinnamon in a food processor or mixing bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Pour over crust and bake 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into center. Cool on a rack.
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, remaining vanilla and orange marmalade until fluffy.
- Spread evenly over cooled pumpkin bars. This recipe serves 8.
Exported from MasterCook II