Buttermilk Banana Bread
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter softened
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups ripe bananas mashed
- 1 1/2 cups pecans broken
- Cream sugar and butter.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition - use a mixer.
- Stir baking soda into buttermilk and add to mixture.
- Sift baking powder with flour and blend into creamed mixture.
- Add vanilla and banana and mix.
- Stir in pecans.
- Pour into greased and floured 9"x5" loaf pan. (May also use 4 mini loaf pans.).
- Bake at 300 degrees F for about 1 1/2 hours or until loaf tests done with a toothpick. (Bake for 50-60 minutes for mini loaves.).
- Cool for 20-30 minutes before removing from pan.