- 1 cup Quick cooking rolled oats
- 1 cup All purpose flour
- 2/3 cup Light brown sugar packed
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/4 cup Vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup Apple or cranberry juice
- 10 ounces Apricot preserves
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Lightly oil an 8 12 inch baking dish or coat it with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl with fingertips until no lumps of brown sugar remain.
- Drizzle oil and fruit juice over oats and mix in with fingertips until evenly moistened and crumbly. Set aside half for the topping.
- Press the remainder evenly in bottom of prepared baking dish.
- Spread apricot preserves over top.
- Sprinkle with reserved oat topping.
- Bake 30-40 minutes, or until golden. Let cool in baking dish on a rack. Cut into bars and store at room temperature in an airtight container. This recipe serves 15.
Exported from MasterCook II