Apple Crumb Squares
- 2 cups Quick or old fashioned oatmeal uncooked
- 1 1/2 cups All purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup Brown sugar firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon Ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 cup Applesauce
- 1/2 cup Nuts chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Combine all ingredients, except applesauce and nuts, in a bowl. Mix until crumbly.
- Reserve 1 cup mixture. Press remaining mixture onto bottom of greased 13 x 9 inch baking pan.
- Bake 13-15 minutes. Cool.
- Spread applesauce over partially baked base and sprinkle with nuts. Sprinkle reserved 1 cup oatmeal mixture over filling.
- Bake 13-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool and cut into 2 inch squares. This recipe serves 20.
Exported from MasterCook II