- 1 Cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 Cup Cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 Cup Cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 Cup Cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 Cup Cup apple or cranberry juice
- 10 oz apricot preserves preferably all-fruit
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Lightly oil an 8 by 12-inch baking dish or coat it with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl, work together oats, flour, brown sugar, salt and baking soda with your fingertips until no lumps of brown sugar remain.
- Drizzle oil and fruit juice over the oats and mix in with your fingertips until evenly moistened and crumbly.
- Set aside 1/2 cup for the topping; press the remainder evenly in the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Spread apricot preserves over the top. Sprinkle with the reserved oat topping.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until golden. Let cool in the baking dish on a rack. Cut into 15 bars. Store at room temperature in an airtight container. Makes 15 bars.
Exported from MasterCook II