Microwave Caramel Popcorn
- 4-5 Qts. Popped corn
- 1 cup Brown sugar
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp soda
- Boil sugar, syrup, butter and salt for 2 minutes on stove…add soda, stir.
- Pour over popped corn which has been placed in a large paper bag.
- Microwave on high for 1 ½ minutes. Remove and shake well.
- Microwave again for 1 ½ minutes on high. Remove from microwave, shake well again.
- Cool and serve. (I like to add peanuts or other nuts to the caramel before pouring over popped corn.)