- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup roasted salted peanuts
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- In 1 ½ quart casserole, combine sugar and syrup. Microwave at high for 3 minutes.
- Add peanuts. Microwave at high 4-5 minutes, until mixture is light brown, stirring every 2 minutes.
- Add butter and vanilla; stir well. Add baking soda and gently stir until light and foamy.
- Pour mixture onto lightly greased cookie sheet. Let cool 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- When cool, break into small pieces. (may substitute almonds or cashews for the peanuts).