Double Butterscotch Bars
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine softened
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar firmly packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans chopped
- Preheat oven to 325'. Grease sides and bottom of a 9 x 13-inch pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl with mixer on medium speed, beat butter and brown sugar for one minute. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until light and fluffy.
- On low speed, mix in the flour mixture until blended. Stir in the chips and nuts.
- Spread batter into prepared pan. Bake 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool at least one hour before cutting into bars. Makes thirty-six 2-1/2 by 1-inch bars.
Exported from MasterCook II