Dad found this recipe on the back of the Morton Ice Cream Salt box.
Homemade Ice Cream
- 3 cup Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 - 1 1/2 cup Whole Milk
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 gallon Heavy Whipping Cream
- 3 tbsp Vanilla
- Mix ingredients well. Pour in canister and place in ice cream maker. Fill with ice cream salt and ice. Use lots of salt on the ice, probably one third of a box of ice cream salt.
- If you make a second batch using the same ice it will freeze 5 or 6 minutes faster than the first batch.
- Chocolate: melt 6 unsweetened chocolate squares in 1 cup Of The Milk. Stir Into Cream.
- Mint Chip: 1 cup mint extract, 4 drops green food coloring, 3 cup Miniature Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips.