Margie’s Scottish Shortbread
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup corn starch or rice flour if you can find it
- 1 lb butter room temp
- 1 cup sugar
- Beat butter and sugar ‘til soft and creamy.
- Add flour very slowly but don’t over beat.
- Turn out on floured board and knead very lightly until smooth.
- Roll ¼ - ½ in. thick, cut into bars.
- Prick top of bars with a fork.
- Refrigerate at LEAST one hour.
- Bake in 375° for 5 minutes, turn down to 325° for 30 minutes until golden brown.
- When removed from oven, immediately sprinkle with a little sugar.