- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup Cranberries
- 3 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Cornstarch
- 1/2 pound Unsweetened crushed pineapple undrained
- 3/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup Quick Oats
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar firmly packed
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons Unsalted Butter cut into pieces and chilled
- 1 egg white lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons Pecans chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray an 8 inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
- Combine cranberries and next 3 ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently, and cook 1 minute.
- Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer about 12 minutes, stirring occasionally, until cranberries pop and mixture thickens. Set aside.
- Combine flour and next 4 ingredients in a bowl. Cut in chilled butter with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Reserve 1/2 cup oat mixture. Combine remaining oat mixture and egg white in a bowl and stir well. Press oat mixture into the bottom of baking pan.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Spread cranberry mixture over prepared crust.
- Combine reserved oat mixture and pecans in a bowl. Sprinkle over cranberry mixture.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. This recipe serves 8.
Exported from MasterCook II