- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 tbls white syrup
- 4 tbls Butter
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla or rum flavoring
- Stir sugar, water and syrup over medium heat until it boils.
- Wash down sugar crystals.
- Sir in butter, when boils again, slowly (take 5 minutes) add milk – stirring constantly.
- Cook and stir until batch reaches desired firmness.
- Add salt and flavoring, pour into lightly buttered pan.
- For turtles, cook to softball, drop onto nuts. Dip upside down in chocolate.
- For special cookies – use small butter cookies, dip in caramel, nuts, and chocolate. Delicious on apples.