Tomato Basil Chicken Stew
This delicious Tomato Basil Chicken Stew recipe is hearty, healthy, and so comforting.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small White Onion Chopped
- 2 ea Carrots Peeled And Diced
- 2 stalk Celery Diced
- 4 clove garlic
- 28 oz Whole Tomatoes (With Their Juices)
- 14 oz Cannelinni Beans
- 3 cup Shredded Cooked Chicken
- 2 handful Baby Spinach
- 1/4 cup Fresh Basil Roughly Chopped
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- Heat oil in a large stockpot over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrots and celery. Saute for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onion is soft and translucent. Add garlic and sautee for an additional minute or two until fragrant.
- Add in remaining ingredients, and stir to combine. Use a long spoon to crush the tomatoes. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer partially-covered for 10 minutes. Season with additional salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve with freshly-grated Parmesan cheese.
- **Or, you can add all ingredients except the cheese to a slow cooker, stir to combine, cook on high for 3-4 hours (or low for 6-8), then serve with freshly-grated Parmesan cheese.**