- 1/4 cup Unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup Applesauce
- 1/2 cup Maple syrup
- 1/4 pound Soft tofu drained
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Carob powder
- 2/3 cup Whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Pecan pieces optional
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a food processor. Process until smooth.
- Stir together next 4 ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Add to tofu mixture and process until just combined.
- Stir in nuts.
- Pour into a lightly buttered 9 inch square baking pan.
- Bake in center of oven 25-30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean and the brownies have begun to pull away from the edges of the pan. Cool briefly and cut into squares. This recipe serves 8.
Exported from MasterCook II