Ginger Lemon Bars
- 1/3 cup Plus 3 tbsp. confectioner's sugar sifted
- 3/4 cup Unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup Candied ginger minced
- 3/4 teaspoon Ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Lemon zest grated
- 1 2/3 cups All purpose flour
- 3 Eggs
- 1 1/3 cups Sugar
- 1/4 cup Plus 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine 1/3 cup confectioner's sugar and butter in a mixing bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat until light and fluffy.
- Add candied ginger, ground ginger, salt and half the lemon zest. Beat until blended.
- Add 3/4 cup flour. Mix thoroughly. Add another 3/4 cup flour and beat until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour batter into a 9 x 13 inch baking pan. Spread evenly and bake 12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Combine eggs, sugar, remaining lemon zest, lemon juice, remaining flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Pour batter over baked crust. Bake 20 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from oven. Sprinkle with remaining confectioner's sugar. Let cool before cutting into squares. This recipe serves 12.
Exported from MasterCook II