Ginger Spiced Nuts ‘n Chex Mix
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/2 tsp Ground Red Pepper cayenne
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 2 cups Corn Chex
- 2 cups Rice Chex
- 2 cups Wheat Chex
- 2 cups mixed nuts
- 2 cups Pecans
- 2 cups dried cranberries
- 2 cups Raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped crystallized ginger
- Mix cereal and nuts together, set aside.
- In small bowl, mix sugar, ground ginger, and red pepper; set aside.
- In large microwavable bowl, microwave butter uncovered on high about 40 seconds, or until melted.
- Stir in cereal and nuts until evenly coated. Stir in sugar/spice mixture until evenly coated.
- Microwave on high for 3-4 minutes, stirring every minute or until mixture begins to brown.
- Stir in cranberries, raisins, and crystallized ginger.
- Spread on waxed paper to cool, about 15 minutes. Store in airtight container.
from Marilyn Porter, 2012