- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup white syrup
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Combine sugar, water and corn syrup in small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until sugar is dissolved and mixture begins to boil.
- Boil without stirring until 242° or mixture will spin a thread.
- Just before syrup reaches temp, beat egg whites until stiff but not dry.
- Pour syrup in thin stream over egg whites while beating at high speed.
- Continue beating until mixture stands in stiff, glossy peaks.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Cool slightly, spread on sides and top of cake.