Coconut Pecan Bars with Frozen Yogurt
- 1/2 cup Unsalted butter softened
- 3/4 cup Brown sugar firmly packed
- 1/4 cup Plus 2 tbsp. honey
- 2 Eggs
- 3/4 cup Whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup Pecans chopped
- 1 cup Quick oats
- 2 quarts Nonfat vanilla frozen yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Using an electric mixer, combine butter and sugar in a mixing bowl and beat until creamy.
- Add honey and eggs and mix thoroughly.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in another bowl.
- Beat flour mixture into wet ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir in coconut, pecans and oats.
- Spread batter into a buttered 9 inch baking pan.
- Bake 30 minutes or until bars are set and golden brown.
- Cool before cutting into squares.
- Serve with frozen yogurt. This recipe serves 16.
Exported from MasterCook II