Gooey Butter Cake
- 2.5 ounce package yellow cake mix
- 1 stick Butter softened
- 1 Egg beaten
- 8 oz Cream Cheese softened
- 2 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/2 cups cherry pie filling optional
- Heat oven to 350°F. Butter 13x9-inch pan.
- In large bowl, combine cake mix, butter and 1 egg; mix until well combined.
- Press in bottom of buttered pan.
- In small bowl, combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla and eggs; mix until smooth and creamy. Pour over crust.
- Bake at 350°F. for 30 to 35 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve warm or cool. Cut into squares; top with cherry pie filling.