Chocolate Pudding Cake
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups hot water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In an 8x8 inch square pan, stir together the flour, white sugar, 1/4 cup of cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- Add milk and oil, mix well.
- Sprinkle brown sugar, remaining cocoa and chocolate chips over the mixture.
- Add the vanilla to the hot water, then pour the water over the top.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes in the preheated oven, until the surface appears dry.
- Serve warm with a spoon or at room temperature.