- 2 cups fresh pumpkin
- 1 can evaporated milk 12 ounce
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg if desired
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves if desired
- 1 deep dish pie shells 9 inch
- Measure out 2 cups pumpkin for pie, put into bowl.
- Add in bowl sugar, salt, spices, eggs. Mix then carefully add milk and stir.
- Pour into pie shell, foil edges, and place on foiled, cookie sheet and bake 350°F for 50-60 minutes. Give knife clean test. If not clean, bake longer.
- Leftover pumpkin pie mix I place into a greased 1 qt. ovenproof dish and bake in a water bath like, custard.