Not Mrs. Field’s Chocolate Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups powdered oatmeal put reg. oatmeal in blender
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 12 oz chocolate chips
- 8 oz Hershey Bar finely grated
- 1 1/2 cups chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Cream butter and sugars.
- Blend in eggs, add powdered oatmeal and mix.
- Add vanilla.
- Sift salt, baking powder and soda, flour. Add in batches to creamed ingredients.
- Batter will be very stiff – you might need to use a spoon or your hands.
- Mix in chips, grated chocolate and nuts.
- Place golf-ball sized pieces of dough 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Do not mash flat.
- Bake 8 minutes. Do not over bake. Cookies will not look done, but over baking ruins them. This is a soft cookie. Makes about 40 cookies.
To heighten sense of authenticity, serve warm with cold milk in a shopping mall