- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 cup dark brown sugar tightly packed
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup butterscotch chips chopped walnuts and chocolate chips are equally tasty
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly butter and flour an 8X8 pan.
- Whisk together the melted butter and sugar in a bowl.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and whisk.
- Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt, mix it all together.
- Add the butterscotch chips or other mix-ins.
- Pour into the pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool. Cut into squares and serve. Yield: Makes 9 blondies.