Lemon Pudding Cake
- 4 eggs separated
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- Beat together egg yolks, lemon juice, lemon rind, and butter until thick and lemon colored.
- Combine sugar, flour, and salt; add alternately with milk to the yolk mixture, beating well after each addition.
- Beat egg whites until stiff. Blend egg whites into batter on low speed of electric mixer.
- Pour into 8 inch square baking dish.
- Place a pan of hot water in the oven, and set the baking dish into the pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 minutes.